Against the Endless Enemy
- Game: Against the Endless Enemy (19940 bytes) - Click here to play!*
* By contest rules games were required to work on a fully updated Google Chrome / Windows 10. Please do not hold it against them if they don't work on a different configuration.
- Author: drekmonger
- Video/Vote: click
- Download: click (107671 bytes)
How to vote?
- Go to the YouTube video linked above and click thumbs up (upvote).
- Winners will be decided by upvote count (downvotes will be ignored).
- You can upvote more than one game, but please don't upvote a given game more than once.
README (if any):
entry for Gynvael's Winter GameDev Challenge 2017 For more information about the challenge: http://gynvael.coldwind.pl/?id=668 To play the game itself, download and run ./dist/index.html in a browser. Or it can be downloaded from drive. The final compressed version weighs 19.4KB. It was 85% fun, and I learned things doing it. I didn't manage to squeeze sound into the package, stripped away a few intended game mechanics, and didn't do all the fancy UI animations I had orginally hoped to do, but otherwise the game ended up looking pretty close to my original ideas. I did have some early setbacks. I started using Svelte as my framework before moving to Hyperapp, but Svelte just weighed too much, and I prefer JSX over Svelte's templating language. I also cobbled together my own compressor using lz-string, but RegPack did the job better. Stuff used to make this thing: * Hyperapp, a microscopic framework * RegPack for compression * This awesome tutorial for pathfinding with depth-first * Tweezer, modified, for tweening values * Game-Icons for the SVG icons, which were modified with: * Inkscape and then compressed with SVGOMG.