- Game: Blind Cowboys (15122 bytes) - Click here to play!*
* By contest rules games were required to work on a fully updated Google Chrome / Windows 10. Please do not hold it against them if they don't work on a different configuration.
- Author: Taeril
- Video/Vote: click
- Download: click (70588 bytes)
How to vote?
- Go to the YouTube video linked above and click thumbs up (upvote).
- Winners will be decided by upvote count (downvotes will be ignored).
- You can upvote more than one game, but please don't upvote a given game more than once.
README (if any):
Blind Cowboys is entry to Gynvael's Winter GameDev Challenge 2017 http://gynvael.coldwind.pl/?id=668 Resources WebAssembly uses tinflate library by Joergen Ibsen https://bitbucket.org/jibsen/tinf Game uses Nandaka Western font by Goma Shin https://www.dafont.com/nandaka-western.font Ugliness of images is due to my lack of skill with Inkscape :) Synthetising kick, snare and hi-hat sounds is based on: https://sonoport.github.io/synthesising-sounds-webaudio.html https://codepen.io/aqilahmisuary/pen/BjdxEE How to make shoot sound I got from: http://webaudioapi.com/samples/procedural/ http://webaudio.prototyping.bbc.co.uk/gunfire/ How to play There are two players. As game grew around idea of WebRTC we can call them client and server. But WebRTC stuff - based on example from https://github.com/owebio/serverless-webrtc-chat - turned out not to work offline. Therefore I made version using window.open where one window act like message broker and gameplay take place in windows spawn by it. Due to it's origin some things may look a little out of place. At start client waits for server who have few settings tweak: 1. Size of field - game take place on square of specified size 2. Number of cowboys - how many characters each player control 3. Number of obstacles on field 4. Required number of times each player have to shoot per round Each round have three phases: 1. Move - each cowboy can take one step to up, down, left or right 2. Fire - then cowboys can or must fire their guns 3. View - after both players end their turn they see/hear number of all moves in round followed by flashes and bangs for each shoot in round. If cowboys stepped on same place they are startled and unconditionally shoot eliminating both of them. Game ends when one side eliminated all opponents. btw. do you know Konami Code?